COVID-19 Regional Economic Development Recovery Plan
Surveys Now Available!
(Best viewed on a computer or tablet)
|Workforce||Entrepreneurship||Retail & Restaurants|
|Intended for all businesses, especially those with workforce challenges.||Intended for start-ups and any other businesses established in the last 3 years||Intended for those in the hospitality, retail, and food service industries|
NRPC has received a grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA) to undertake a comprehensive economic development recovery plan for the 13-community greater Nashua region. The plan will address the impacts of COVID-19 on the region’s economy including job losses, business closures, workforce challenges and the disparate impact of recent economic dislocations on traditionally disadvantaged and underserved businesses.
Key components of the project will include:
- Data collection and mapping of vacant parcels in targeted areas and key commercial corridors.
- Identification of key development sites in the region.
- Conduct surveys and focus groups.
- Strategies to leverage Nashua’s two Opportunity Zones, New Markets Tax Credit Eligible Census Tracts, Economic Revitalization Zones, and other Target Areas.
- Strategies to foster and increase support for entrepreneurship programs.
- Targeted revitalization strategies for key restaurant and retail corridors.
- Workforce development, attraction and recruitment
- Selecting a consultant to develop practices for stimulating retail, service, and hospitality establishments, enhancing businesses online presence, and develop marketing strategies relative to business investment, particularly targeting national and regional retail and restaurant establishments.
Completion Date – February 2022